Pages

Monday, August 15, 2011

book review: "the confident woman" by joyce meyer

The Confident Woman is arranged into 365 daily readings. Each is only a page long beginning with a verse, Joyce's thoughts for that verse and ends with a related prayer. Each devotional is designed to encourage women to step out and be the bold woman God has created each of us to be.


I knew I was going to like this book after my first daily reading on May 23. The verse for that day is Isaiah 60:1: "Arise [from the depression and prostration in which circumstances have kept you - rise to a new life]! Shine (be radiant with the glory of the Lord), for your light has come, and the glory of the Lord has risen upon you!" The tail end of the devotion says, "Sometimes the only way we can discover what we are supposed to do with our lives is to try different things until we see what works and what fits right in our heart. Don't let fear of making a wrong choice stop you from stepping out." On that day, reading those words spoke directly to my heart.


I like that these are short reads and can take as little or as long as you want. Joyce also shares stories from her own life of lessons she's learned. It's the whole idea of knowing someone has went through what you may be going through. Though I'm not finished with the book yet, I feel like the whole idea of the book can be summed up with something she said in the May 31 reading: "Don't let the world steal your confidence. Remember that you have been created on purpose by the hand of God. He has a special, unique, wonderful plan for you. Go for it! Don't shrink back, conform, or live in fear."

I received a copy of this book from FaithWords for my honest review.

No comments:

Post a Comment