Pages

Thursday, March 20, 2014

a chat with habbakuk

I have a current favorite verse. It's Habbakuk 2:3. I did a little research on the background of this verse to help me better understand. And wow. Habbakuk is someone we can relate to! A lot of bad things were happening around Habbakuk - "he lived when there was great national corruption and distress, when the nation and land was filled with violence, with hatred, and with outbreaks of evil" (source). So God has told Habbakuk some things would happen but he's waiting on those to come about. This is where 2:3 comes in:


God's saying "hold on. It's coming. Wait for it." I like this verse! I have a few things in my life I feel God has promised me. I don't have them yet but I'm waiting on them. I've written them down and look at them, thanking God for them before they've yet arrived. And I know they're on the way! "...wait for it; it will surely come;". 
post signature

2 comments:

  1. love this beautiful reminder that the wait is well worth it! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really like how the Message says the end of the verse: "...if it seems slow in coming, wait. It's on its way. It will come right on time." So good!

      Delete