Pages

Wednesday, November 26, 2014

recipe: crockpot chicken and dumplings

Life is busy right now and blogging has sadly fallen to the wayside. I'm almost halfway through my second year of teaching and it's very exciting…but I'm still working on making time for everything else :) A goal for the new year! However, I've been doing a little cooking and wanted to share this great recipe! I made a few changes but it's super easy and the perfect cozy dish! This was a Pinterest recipe and I'm very excited to add it to my #pinterestsuccess list - because that doesn't always happen!


Ingredients
2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts (I bought a rotisserie chicken, let it cool, and shredded it)
2 Tbsp. butter
2  (10.5 oz.) cans cream of chicken soup
1 (14.5 oz) can chicken broth
1/2 onion, diced OR you can use 2 Tbsp. dried, diced onion (I used neither)
1 Tbsp. dried parsley
4 Grands flaky refrigerator biscuits (the can I bought had five biscuits but I liked having more dumplings)

Directions
You can click here to read the full directions but since my chicken was already cooked, I did things a little differently. Add everything but the biscuits and cook on low for about an hour and a half. Add the biscuits and turn on high for an hour, stirring occasionally. 

post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment