Pages

Sunday, March 15, 2015

book review: "how to catch a prince" by rachel hauck

American heiress Corina Del Rey caught her prince once. But the tragedy of war kept her too long in a fog of grief. Now she's shifting her life forward, reigniting her career as a journalist. Still, nothing can relieve her of the secret and the love she carries in her soul. 

Prince Stephen of Brighton is one of the world's most eligible bachelor and a star rugby player, trying to make sense of his life. But his days in Afghanistan with the Royal Air Command have marked him forever. And he can't seem to shake their dark shadow. 

But when his brother, King Nathaniel, confronts him with a document the prince thought long buried and forgotten, Stephen is forced to face the pain of his past and the love he left behind.

With a little heavenly help, Prince Stephen and Corina embark on a journey of truth. But when the secrets are revealed, can they overcome and find love again?

I'm a fan of Rachel's books. I've read the other two books in The Royal Wedding Series and she didn't disappoint with this newest story. I think every girl dreams of being a princess and with Susanna, Regina and now Corina, I'm reminded of that childhood dream. I love that these are southern girls because it gives me that instant connection with them. When I reviewed Princess Ever After last year, I said there's at least one line in each of Rachel's books that seems just for me. This book was no exception. "Love well" was Corina's mission when she went to Brighton. She wanted to show Stephen how good they could be together and did her best to "love well." I love that phrase! To me, it's almost a kind of surrender. When Corina signed the annulment papers, she felt she was finally giving up on her marriage but she wasn't. She was loving well…and leaving the rest to God. I love the story of King Stephen I and Queen Magdalena. Of how brave she was. Each year I pick a word to be my focus for the year and this year my word is brave. I felt this story was timely for me in so many ways. The story was beautiful. I love how when Stephen was done fighting within himself, God was ready to meet him. When Corina thought it was all over and and had done all she could, Stephen showed up at her door. And at their wedding, I "ahh-ed" when Stephen asked Mr. Del Rey if he could be the one to present Corina to God. Oh my. How to Catch a Prince was such a sweet story of love, forgiveness and surrender. 

I received a copy of this book from Litfuse Publicity for my honest review.

post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment