Pages

Sunday, May 24, 2015

time to breathe

It's summer! I'm ready for some time to relax, do some diy projects, maybe try a few new recipes and just enjoy some time off! I'll be doing some work as well. I know some people think teachers have it made by being off in the summer but in a few weeks I'll be back in my classroom, working on getting it ready for my next group of kiddos. I'll be planning and going to some trainings so I can be an even better teacher next year. I love that I'm never done learning. In my classroom, we are "eager to learn" and I want to be an example of that to them. Saying all of that to say, even though I'm not at work in June and July, it doesn't mean I'm not working. But that's part of my job and I like the preparation. I like making fresh name tags and the chance to start over each year. 

So summer is my time to regroup. It's my chance to take a deep breath and have time for more than just work. One thing I want to focus on this summer is growing closer to God. You can't hear someone if you're too busy either talking yourself or constantly moving. Summer is a chance for me to slow down and be with the One who knows me better than anyone else. This was my second year teaching so I'm still adjusting to the constant-ness of the school year versus the downtime of summer but I want this summer to be productive. I don't want it to feel like I accomplished nothing. And I don't think it will be.  I think this summer is going to be the best yet! I've got some things planned but I also want to be open to the unexpected. It's going to be good :)

post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment